- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Serving Size
6 to 8
- 2 pounds boneless beef, cut into chunks, chilled
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded, cut into chunks
- 1 Poblano or Anaheim chili, roasted, peeled, deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder or chili seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 ounces lager beer
- One (28-ounce) can or box whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups (15-ounce can) cooked pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt
- Garnish: Shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, sour cream, chopped scallions, hot sauce, chili powder, lime wedges
- Attach coarse grinding plate on the Metal Food Grinder attachment to the power hub of your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Place mixing bowl under grinder.
- Toss meat and vegetable with spices. Add a few pieces to food tray then turn mixer to speed 4 and push meat down with stomper. Continue to grind remaining meat, vegetables and spices.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add meat mixture. Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beer and tomatoes, using a spoon to break up tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for at least 1 hour. If you have the time, simmer for another hour for deeper flavor. Season with more salt, if needed.
- Garnish each bowl with desired toppings.