- Prep Time
- Serving Size
- 1 pound ripe fruit scraps (such as stone fruit pits and skin, squashed berries, grapes, apple and pear peels and cores)
- 1 750 ml bottle vodka
- 1 cup turbinado (raw) sugar
- Soda water and ice, for serving
- Combine fruit, vodka and sugar in an airtight glass jar or beverage crock. Stir to make sure fruit is covered in vodka. Cover and chill.
- Bachelor jam will be ready to drink after a few days and can be stored for up to 1 year if covered in vodka. Throughout the season, continue to add fruit and sugar (ratio of about 1 lb fruit to 1 cup sugar) and enough vodka to cover.
- Strain and serve over ice with a splash of soda water. Garnish with a few pieces of fruit from the jar, if you like.