- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Serving Size
- 1 pound firm fish fillets (see below for varieties)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 limes, zested and juiced, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small head red cabbage, shredded
- 4-5 small globe radishes or 1 large watermelon radish, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 small Fresno chili, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (white and/or black)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Cilantro, hot sauce, toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Put fish in a shallow dish. Rub fish with oil, half the lime zest, spices, salt and pepper. Meanwhile, in another shallow dish, stir together lime juice, half the red onion, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put remaining onion and lime zest in a large bowl with cabbage, radish, chili, vinegar, sesame seeds, honey and fish sauce. Toss to coat, set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill fish for 2-3 minutes on each side. You should be able to easily poke through the fish with the tip of a paring knife. Transfer fish directly into dish of marinating red onion, turning to coat.
- Grill tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side. Assemble tacos in tortillas with fish, marinated red onion, slaw and any (or all) of the toppings you want.