- Prep Time
1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time
- Serving Size
- 2 cups packed mixed greens, tender herb stems and leaves (such as parsley, basil, cilantro, scallion, dill, spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp capers in brine
- 1 tbsp anchovy oil (reserved from a jar of anchovies)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Scrap: Herb stems
- In the jar of a KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Blender (KSB7068/8270), pulse the greens, garlic, capers, anchovy oil, lemon juice and zest. Stream in enough olive oil to create a smooth consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a bowl or large resealable plastic bag and cover with three-quarters of the marinade (save the rest to use as sauce). Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a little olive oil in a 12″ cast-iron or heavy nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Nestle chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook for about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking skin side down, occasionally rearranging chicken thighs and rotating pan to evenly distribute heat, until fat renders and skin is golden brown.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook 10 to 15 more minutes, flipping halfway through, until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F and skin is golden and crispy.
- Transfer to a plate; let rest 5 minutes. Drain and reserve pan drippings (schmaltz) for another use(such as Shaved Fennel Salad with Warm Schmaltz Vinaigrette). Serve chicken with reserved green sauce.