- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Serving Size
- 6 ounces 68% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (15-ounce) unsalted chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- Optional: Raw cacao nibs, whipped cream and flaky sea salt for serving
- Scrap: Chickpea water
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid (save chickpeas for another use, such as Shaved Fennel Salad with Warm Schmaltz Vinaigrette). This should yield about 3/4 cup liquid.
- Place liquid in the jar of a KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Blender (KSB7068/8270); add cream of tartar and salt. Blend on low speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in vanilla.
- Stir about 1/3 of the whipped chickpea liquid into the chocolate. Gently fold the remaining 2/3 into chocolate in two batches. There may still be a few streaks of white.
- Divide the mixture into (6) 4-ounce ramekins or cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with cacao nibs, whipped cream and sea salt before serving (optional).