Before bolting out the door, take a minute to keep those brows in check with a few helpful hints from our video tutorial with GLAMSQUAD makeup artist Brenda.
– Brush brows in an upward motion. Brow gel will keep hairs in line.
– Using light, wispy strokes, fill in any gaps instead of drawing hard lines, which can be aging to a face.
– The outside edge of your nose is a great reference point for determining the shape of your brow, shown in the image below.
– The beginning of your brow should line up with your inner eye, down to the outside edge of your nose.
– The highest point of your brow arch typically lines up with the outside edge of your iris, angling down to the outside edge of your nose.
– The tail end of your brow should line up with the outside edge of your eye, angling down to the outside edge of your nose.
– Brows should be “sisters” not “twins”…don’t worry about making them look identical, it’s not natural!
– Experiment, experiment, experiment. Try different eyebrow shapes, applications (gel, pencil, powder) and color shades to find your favorite brow look!
And get all of our beauty tips here.