Childhood dreams became a reality for Pokémon fans all over the world when Pokémon Go brought pocket monsters to famed landmarks across the globe, sending millions walking the streets to “catch ’em all.” Join in on the fun and impress your gamer friends with the Pokémon Go Cherry Pie recipe below.
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
4 cups fresh or frozen sour cherries, pitted 1 teaspoon almond extract
Par-baked chocolate crust
Chocolate crust dough
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup powdered sugar
Sour Cherry Pokemon Go Pie Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle position.
2. Stir together the sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
3. Place the cherries in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until they begin to juice.
4. Stir occasionally until you have 1/4 to 1/2 cup of juice in the saucepan.
5. Turn up the heat to medium-high and add the sugar mixture, stirring until it’s fully incorporated and there are no lumps; the liquid will be milky and very thin and watery.
6. Cook, stirring constantly and being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to prevent scorching, until the juice thickens and deepens in color, becoming shiny and translucent, but the fruit is still intact, 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Allow the fruit mixture to come to a boil and let it boil for one minute before removing from heat.
8. Transfer the filling to a heatproof bowl and stir in the almond extract. Set aside and let cool before spooning it into the par-baked teeny crusts.
9. Once you’ve spooned the filling into the prepared crusts, bake for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
10. While your pies are cooling roll out the extra pie dough to 1/8 inch thick and using paper cutouts and a sharp paring knife, cut out the pokeball shapes.
11. Transfer the crust shapes to a baking sheet or a silpat sheet and bake 58 minutes or until the cutout is baked through. Set aside to cool.
12. To assemble your pies, sprinkle powdered sugar over the bottom pieces of the pokeball through a mesh strainer and place on top of the cooled cherry pie filling.
13. Place the rest of the decorative crust pieces in their appropriate places and go Catch ‘Em All.
And to catch the rest of the sweets in the Pop Culture Pies series, check out the videos here.