By Ricardo Heredia
- 4 qts of bacon-duck miso
- 6 soft cooked eggs
- 2 lbs of duck noodles
- 1 cup of rendered duck skin cracklins
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 2 cups of pea sprouts
- 1/4 cup of black sesame seeds
- 2 lbs of braised Wright Brand Bacon
- 2 lbs of binchotan coals
- 2 oz of micro marigolds
- Build, slice bacon and grill over binchotan coals, cook eggs for 6 minutes covered over coals.
- Place “noodles” in a pile centered in a bowl. Add broth, peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise then place in soup.
- Top with scallions, pea sprouts, sesame and marigolds.
- Serve cracklins in ramen spoon on the side with chopsticks.
- Place all ingredients in pressure cooker and bring to a 15 psi’s.
- Cook for 20 minutes and remove bacon and strain miso broth.
- Remove skins and chop to 1in x 1in and reserve.
- Add all ingredients except skin to food processor and blend well for 2 minutes.
- Remove and push through tamis.
- Place in piping bag with desired size and pipe into seasoned simmering water for 20 seconds and remove.