By Dave Elliott
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups freshly shredded carrots
- 8 1/2 oz crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 oz flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pckg cream cheese
- 1 box powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 round cake pans, dust with flour.
- In large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add sugar, salt, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots, dole pineapple, pecans and coconut. Spook into cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 40 min or until done. Cool.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together, butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fill layers and frost top and sides of cake.