If you and your boo are feeling stuck in a rut, try doing something different for date night. Keep your relationship fresh by finding things to do that go beyond the traditional dinner and a movie. Summer is the perfect time to turn up the heat in your relationship, so here are some hot date ideas that can shake up your routine this season.
- Feel Like a Kid Again– Evoking feelings of nostalgic will automatically bond two people on a date whether you have a long history or are newly matched. Do something silly and carefree like going to an arcade or mini golfing. It’s far cheaper and way more fun than a grown up dinner date.
- Go to the Water – No matter where you live, chances are there is a pond, lake, stream or ocean that you can enjoy together either by boat or watching romantically from the shore.
- Beach Blanket Bingo – Whether you are near a beach or not, you can find a romantic place to gaze at the stars and one another. Take a board game or the “I Never” book with you and watch the sparks fly.
- Have a Gourmet Meal…at Home – There are now at least a dozen meal-in-a-box services that will deliver the ingredients for a gourmet dinner to your home. Plus, cooking with your partner can be a great bonding experience.
- Embrace Nature – While the sun is shining, it’s the perfect time of year to take a walk and get out into nature with your significant other.
- Summer Screening – Outdoor screenings have become a summertime staple in many cities. Pack a romantic dinner and snuggle up for an outdoor flick with your special friend.
- Go on Tour – Become a tourist in your own town by taking a walking or bus tour. Discovering new stories or revisiting old favorites in your hometown can reignite the magic in your daily life.
- Live Performance – We’ve become accustomed to sitting in movie theatres without performers who can interact back. For a change, get tickets to a live theatre, music or comedy show instead.
- Street Festival – Plan a fun night out with your spouse around your local street festival. You usually can find music, entertainment, and food, all for less than you’d spend on a dinner date.
- Heat Things Up – Amateur cooking classes are hot, hot, hot! Learning and creating something together can do wonders for intimacy.
- Give Back –Volunteering for a local charity that you’re both passionate about can help you make others feel good while also feeding your own soul. This shouldn’t just be a holiday time event. People in your town need help year round.
- Happy Hours – Many bars extend happy hours during the summer. Find a festive bar or restaurant with menu items that you’ve always wanted to try.
- Literary Love – Bookstores and libraries often host free events with authors. Get cultured while you cozy up with your love.
- Wine Tasting – Benefit from the wine industry boom by visiting a local winery or bar for a romantic wine tasting.
- Get Sporty – The energy of an exciting game can get even a non-sports fan in the mood.
- Game Night – Some of my fondest date memories are playing Boggle or Rock Band with my husband. Connect the videogame console or break out the board games and you’ll be anything but bored with your bae.
Wish you could have a relationship coach like the couples in A Question of Love? Now you can take Damona’s free Relationship Bootcamp online course at DamonaHoffman.com.